Lockhart Tactical Unveils Their Long Awaited Raven 9
All Canadian Made Pistol Carbine? Yes Please!
Words by: Wally F. Photos by: Lockhart Tactical
……….So probably not the best kept secret from this west coast veteran owned company, but Lockhart Tacitcal has got a little something for firearms enthusiasts to look forward to.
……….In Canada I’m sure Hunters, 3-Gun, IPSC, IDPA, Trap, and Clay shooters have noticed the subtle, or not so subtle and steady rise in ammunition prices lately. For those that frequently hit the range to train and practice the price of ammo can sting the pocket books. Enter the Lockhart Tactical Raven 9. An all Canadian made 9mm semi-automatic pistol calibre carbine.
The Raven is the most ergonomic, advanced pistol calibre carbine (PCC) on the market today.
Precision machined, and packed with operator friendly features, this carbine is ready to crush the competition.
This Canadian designed, and built carbine is made by shooters, for shooters. The team at Lockhart has pulled off the near impossible task of blending form, function, lightweightness and value.
The heart of The Raven is it’s target smashing barrel. It’s match grade 18.6 inches of perfection is crafted from 416R stainless steel which is then 5R button rifled to squeeze every available milliradian of accuracy out of every round.
Our barrel is concealed by our proprietary aluminum hand guard. Understanding that one design doesn’t work for everyone, we have incorporated four (4) built in QD sling studs, and offer a dual picatinny mounting solution. Use either MLOK, or the threaded holes to attach additional rails on the 3, 6, or 9 o’clock position. To further aid in cleaning, compact transportation or storagey, our hand guard is 100% tool-less detachable; just like the rest of the Raven. No other PCC comes close to the Raven’s modularity and ergonomics.
1) Dual ambidextrous charging handles. (side, top AR style, or both)
2) Ambidextrous safety (AR style)
3) Ambidextrous, symmetrical magazine release
4) Automatic last round bolt hold open
5) Ergonomic AR style bolt release
6) Tool-less receiver take down for easy cleaning
7) Tool-less hand guard removal
8) Tool-less barrel removal for compact transport, storage, and cleaning
9) Match grade 416R stainless steel, 5R button rifled barrel that is threaded, and includes thread protector. Muzzle brake is available.
10) Lifetime warranty on barrel!
11) 2 year warranty on firearm
12) Featherweight 5.5 lbs unloaded
13) Uses Glock 9mm magazines
14) Accepts any AR15 pistol grip
15) Accepts any AR15 buttstock
16) Compact. OAL is 37” with buttstock fully extended, 33” with buttstock fully collapsed. Packs down to 19” long X 7” tall X 2” wide
17) Stainless steel hardware enhances durability by resisting corrosion.
18) Billet 7075 aluminum upper receiver
19) Billet aluminum lower receiver
20) Made in Canada eh!
……….With a release date and classification pending the Raven 9 should be retailing at $1250 cdn. If you’re looking to get a good looking pistol carbine that’s also made in Canada, go and check out Lockhart Tactical.
For your regular cravings in the firearms world in Canada and beyond be sure to follow TV-PressPass on Facebook and myself Wally F. on Instagram.
Reporting for TV-PressPass